I can't wait for Christmas! With only 2 days left, and so much to do, I thought that I would give you guys your Christmas present early! It is a..........a.......a........a craft! I am going to show you all how to make a doll play backdrop. My example is going to be backdrop from a scene in the Nutcracker, as I am preparing for Isabelle.
- Piece of cardboard or a box
- Packing tape
- A ruler
- Any decorations you want( I will be using napkins, markers, and scissors.)
- Cover your cardboard/box with colored paper or napkins for the walls. Secure with packing tape.
- Plan your decorations. On mine, I had to make sure that my Christmas tree wouldn't cover my snowy window.
- Make the decorations. Don't be afraid to try new things. I had to try 2 techniques to get the snow in the window correct!
- Apply the decorations. Make sure that they are secure. You don't want a falling off clock!
Here are some things that I find a lot of people would like in their scenes.
- Trace a circle onto paper.
- Cut out the circle.
- Draw the numbers in.
- Draw the arms.
- Use a light colored marker/high liter to draw a design.
- Cut out paper the size of the window.
- Cut two narrow strips for the window panes.
- For a springtime window, cut green paper into rolling hills. For a winter window, cut white paper into snow.
- Seal the window, panes, and decorations shut with packing tape.
Here is a picture of my Nutcracker scene. I hope that you like it.